ASIC Process & FA Engineer
ASIC Failure Analysis & Process Engineering
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
For more than 25 years, imec has been offering a prototype and production service to worldwide companies. Imec helps the customers to design their integrated circuits (chips) and bring them from the prototype to the production phase. Imec provides specialized technical advice and services on design level, assembly, and test. Our list of customers includes more than 900 universities and companies worldwide. For the further extension of these imec services, we are looking for a highly motivated engineer.Imec IC-link, as part of imec, has an extensive industrial experience, contacts with industrial foundries, and long-standing relationships with all the main EDA tool vendors and IP providers. This unit supports worldwide customers in the layout, prototype, fabrication, and test of advanced electronic products.As ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) Process & FA Engineer within imec IC-link, you will be part of a team composed by test engineers, product & production engineers, assembly & packaging engineers, supply chain and project managers. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring initiative, originality and excellent problem-solving skills. In this job, your main activities will be:
- Evaluate electrical, thermal and mechanical characteristics of ASICs, to identify root cause of failure.
- Drive failure analysis investigations on parts complained by customer and in house rejects.
- Analyze failure reports and recommend corrective action to prevent reoccurrence of problems.
- Plan and improve failure analysis capability and capacity continuously.
- Support new processes and product transfer.
- Work together with the other imec teams and the external subco’s from problem identification to final solution.
- Improve overall product quality and drive to zero customer returns.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s degree in Electronics or Physics, preferably with 15+ years of relevant experience in process & FA engineering.
- Good knowledge of failure analysis techniques: microsectioning, FIB, SEM, SAM, Xray, Hot Spot analysis (EMMI, OBirch, liquid crystals...)
- Knowledge of the MIL STD for automotive, space, medical and industrial ASIC qualification flows is a MUST.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills (English is the working language).
- Problem solving skills, risk-based decision-making skills.
- Flexible to travel (1 week/month).
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.