Application Integration Architect
The ICT Architecture team is key within the ICT environment of IMEC to deliver high quality secure ICT solutions that enable and meet our business requirements. Within this team the Integration Architect will be responsible for IMEC’s (data & application) integration strategy with respect to the full IMEC data landscape. The Integration Architect works in close collaboration with the Data Architect and different functional analysts.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As a Integration Architect, your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the quality and design of an extensive amount of new application to application interfaces – including:
the functional / technical source & target mapping
the data conversions.
- Responsible for the quality and design of a similar amount of new application to data platform / reporting ETL flows.
- The enforcement and optimization of IMEC’s (data & application) integration architecture principles and reporting principles, standards and guidelines (conceptual, logical and physical) – including the use of integration design patterns.
- Detailed understanding of the business context / process in which the interfaces & reports play a role.
- Detailed follow up (and coordination) of the corresponding interface developments
- Custodian of the information reference architecture, aligning with overall business and technology strategy and covering the data challenges for all application assets:
- Both transactional as analytical applications
- All types of inter-application interface (batch, file-based, message-based, streaming, ...)
- All incoming & outgoing data exchanges with external entities
- Understanding of and contribution to the overall enterprise data model
- Identify and communicate current and emerging application integration trends
- Identify integration design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with 3 to 5 years of experience in:
- Application Integration architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies knowledge
- EAI / ESB / Canonical data modelling
- Confidentiality / Integrity / Availability of data
- Data architecture knowledge is a plus
- Experience with IMECs reporting and ETL solutions (SAS, PowerBI, Databricks, Datafy, Azure data factory, APIs...) is a plus
Furthermore, your skills include:
- Excellent communication skills with diverse audiences
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.