Advanced Technology Platform Dept – Program Engineer / Program Manager
Join the Advanced Technology Platform team at imec's R&D headquarters located in the heart of Europe and help strengthen technology and modules across imec’s many programs.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
- Work in the Advanced Technology Platform Team, as a Program Engineer / Program Manager, to support two major areas of work:
- Technology Transfer: working on established technology, and strengthening the connection between R&D and the larger semiconductor industry. Utilizing the deep technical expertise of imec, the ATP team works with customer collaboration to setup established technology node processes at customer sites, expanding the width of the semiconductor industry.
- Platform Synergy activity: working on modules which are used across several of the programs at IMEC. Determine the optimal processes and conditions to provide consistently effective results, utilizing windowing and process margin understanding. This activity touches a diverse range of programs, from very advanced CMOS, Si Photonics, 3D integration, Life Sciences, Sensors, and Tech Transfer needs. A highly visible, broadly impacting role.
- Help define the goals and schedule of the programs. Set high level schedule, deliverables, and ensure resource allocation for proper execution.
- Manage technical issue resolution. Discuss with process teams, device, and integration members to scope, review, and define process to solve technical hurdles.
- Leverage industry experience to window and margin test modules, working to establish optimal settings which work across major program families which are inherently dissimilar, and have their own unique needs.
- Communicate status and issues to your peers, customers, as well as the management team at imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Outgoing, you like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude. You like project leadership, and you are grounded in a solid technical background. Working across diverse projects appeals to you.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a production or development environment. Candidates directly from MS or Ph.D programs will not be considered for this role.
- CMOS semiconductor experience, preferably with 300mm processes.
- Ability to draw conclusions from limited data, make suggestions on how to validate assumptions and conclusions.
- You are a good team player but at the same time can work well without supervision.
- Given the international character of imec, excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required to be effective in this position.
- Willingness to relocate physically to Leuven, Belgium.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.