Advanced Memory Design Engineer
Memory design and technology exploration for 1nm technology and beyond
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
In this position, you will be part of imec team leading pathfinding and development of next generations technologies, looking at the most advanced devices and systems. As memory designer, you will be part of memory pathfinding activities ranging from cache to storage, with power performance area (PPA) optimization through design technology co-optimization (DTCO). The team addresses SRAM, MRAM and various other emerging volatile and non-volatile memories that are fabricated at imec.
- You will use your knowledge of circuit design implementation to investigate memory bitcell, array, marco and periphery IC layout and automation, and assess power, performance, and area of various memory technology options
- You will evaluate the impact of devices, back-end and patterning choices on memory design in order to guide future technology development, both by regular scaling as by leveraging hybrid integration solutions to scale specific parts of an SoC more efficiently
- You will help enable imec PDKs for most advanced process technologies for memory and drive towards industry standard methods and ease of use
- You will interact with imec device researchers, design and tape-out engineers of new micro-architecture concepts that leverage novel technology capabilities such as MRAM, various storage class and other non-volatile memories
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
- A full-time position in Leuven, Belgium
- An exciting position in a rapidly growing, multi-disciplinary team
- The chance to interact closely with circuit designers, device experts and process integration engineers as well as major foundry, fabless and EDA partners in imec’s eco-system
- You will help drive imec’s technology and memory roadmap to build the semiconductor memory technology of the near and far away future.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Electronics, or a master with at least 5 years relevant industrial experience in memory design, implementation and/or simulation.
- You have a background of digital implementation and memory design
- You have worked in multi-disciplinary teams, ideally both interacting with hardware designers as well as EDA vendors and foundry partners
- You have a critical mindset, eager to explore new challenges in the future and evolve together with the changing R&D demands
- Open and constructive team player
- Experience with circuit design and simulation tools (Virtuoso IC design, Hspice, Calibre DRC/LVS) is a must
- Experience is testchip design/execution/validation is a plus
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.