We are looking for a Lead Material Engineer to work in Zaventem, Belgium and be a part of an International Multi-Disciplinary team of Engineers.
Your mission will consist mainly of Material Selection for in-house production of necessary parts for Local and Overseas Markets. The materials that you need to know are mainly Plastics, Skin Materials and Adhesives.
- Perform or oversee assessments and evaluations on materials and prototype products with first-off tool parts in order to guarantee that the material necessary guarantees parts performance.
- You will be responsible for Material Selection and confirmation of suppliers’ parts and materials for new projects of Local and Overseas Plants.
- Proactively work on cost reduction propositions for Regional and Overseas production plants.
- Assist serial production on problem analysis and countermeasure development for customer claims.
- Validate outsourcing of testing companies by conducting thorough testing, auditing, and crosschecking tests.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in material, chemical, metallurgical or Polymer engineering.
- Minimum 4-5 years of work experience in Metallurgy, R&D or Industrial manufacturing environment. Experience in Automotive industry is a plus.
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Using logic, reasoning, scientific rules and analytical methods to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Great communication & reporting skills are also necessary.
- Flexibility to travel abroad 30% -50% of the working time.
- And possession of a driving license is required.
Let us know your interest we will be pleased to hear from you!
Click the green Apply button and let’s find out how we match.