The Enterprise Architecture team is key within the ICT environment of imec to deliver high quality secure ICT solutions that enable and meet our business requirements.
What you will do
The Enterprise Architecture team is key within the ICT environment of imec to deliver high quality secure ICT solutions that enable and meet our business requirements. Within this team the Data Architect will be responsible to define and maintain imec data strategy with respect to the full imec data landscape.
As a Data Architect, your responsibilities include:
- The creation and maintenance of imec data architecture principles, standards and guidelines (conceptual, logical and physical).
- Owner and custodian of the information reference architecture, aligning with overall business and technology strategy and covering the data challenges for all application assets:
- Both transactional as analytical applications.
- All types of inter-application interface (batch, file-based, message-based, streaming, etc.).
- All incoming & outgoing data exchanges with external entities.
- Owner and custodian of the enterprise data model / business data catalogue.
- Defines standards and guidelines for the full information lifecycle from creation to retirement (hot & cold storage, archiving, etc.).
- Leading data initiatives and ensuring their successful execution together with our project managers team. Develop the roadmap for target architecture and prioritize implementation.
- Ensure compliance to principles, standards and guidelines.
- Identify and communicate current and emerging data trends.
- Identify data design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Together with data owners, help improve the quality of the data by defining key quality indicators and reporting on those.
- Train and educate users and developers on data best practices and standards. Be the go-to person and advisor for all matters related to data management.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging role in which you think and act on the tactical level and in which you have a concrete impact on large programs within our company. This is your opportunity to work in an advanced high-tech environment, contributing to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. At imec, we offer ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with 5 years’ experience or more in:
- (Big) Data architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies knowledge.
- Database structure systems and data engineering.
- NoSql solutions in production environments, predictive analytics and data visualization.
- Reporting and ETL solutions (SAS, PowerBI, Azure data factory, etc.).
- Data catalogue setup and maintenance.
- EAI / ESB / Canonical data modelling.
- Confidentiality / Integrity / Availability of data.
- DAMA knowledge is a plus.
Furthermore, your skills include:
- Excellent communication skills with diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of GDPR.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
An enterprise data architect must have strong business process affinities, dive into the detail but never lose sight of the bigger picture, and tailor the message to his/her audience from ranging from technician to senior management.