Create and grow R&D collaborations within the segment of leading semiconductor companies focusing on new differentiating technologies for next generation system innovation.
What you will do
Within the business segment Semiconductor and System companies, we address those partners that have specific technology needs to drive their products forward on the basis of scaled CMOS, 3D, Integrated Photonics or other related semiconductor technologies. We offer different business models ranging from licensing with multiple partners to dedicated development and creation of new ventures.
As a Business Development Manager, your main tasks will be:
- Based on your good knowledge of the semiconductor fabless and system players, you will build and manage a portfolio of customers for the different imec technologies both in Machine Learning, Quantum Compute, 3D, Integrated Photonics and Logic and Memory technologies as well as a broad spectrum of sensing and RF technologies.
- You generate leads within this market segment and discover opportunities for collaboration.
- You advise and promote to customers the most optimal offering and business model, in collaboration with the technical teams at imec.
- You work in close cooperation with the program management and with the worldwide account managers to create high-value proposals. You coordinate the business terms, legal and IP aspects of proposals by aligning with account management, business development, legal and IP in imec Leuven. You negotiate and finalize contracts with the customer.
- You track progress during the whole solution delivery and monitor customer’s satisfaction.
- You stay in contact with the customer and facilitate the interaction between the customer and the technical teams.
- You clearly communicate current and future customer needs to the technical teams and their management.
- You represent imec at external trade shows and exhibitions.
- You report to head of the imec Business Development team focusing on this market segment.
- You have a Master’s degree (preferably in physics or electronics) with strong business acumen and customer orientation.
- You have some experience in sales and/or business development, preferably in market making use of semiconductor technologies and design methodologies.
- You have an initial understanding of business models in IP licensing.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of these techniques and technologies. You are a strong communicator, very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You can extend your internal and external networks and can talk and confer on technical, legal and business-related matters. A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a plus.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You can handle the administrative part of the business development job, including reporting, CRM, Meeting Minutes, Gap Analysis and other sales tools
- You are a team player, working closely with the technical teams, legal and IP team and the regional account teams
- You can talk on technical, legal and business related matters.
- You enjoy regular traveling to wherever business opportunities arise (approx. 20%)
- You are fluent in English; other European languages are an asset.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.