Combine your technical and project management skills to design and implement mechanical and microfluidic components for sensor chip integration
What you will do
You will get the opportunity to be part of the growth plan of the imec.solutions department, assisting imec R&D groups in the realization and industrialization of their knowledge and components. You will work on a variety of different projects in which customized sensor chip integration is demanded and will combine both technical and project management tasks.
In this job, your main responsibilities will be:
- Design and implement mechanical and microfluidic components for the integration of sensor chips.
- Perform experiments in the lab to test and characterize the physical behavior of such integration solutions
- Define, follow-up and validate manufacturing routes for customized components at external suppliers and in-house lab facilities
- Analyze, interpret and report experimental data to the project team
- Take-up project management responsibilities for specific projects.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of electronic design engineers and life science researchers
- You have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering, materials science, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with relevant experience in microfluidic device product/prototyping design in industry or life science applications. (e.g. microfluidics device development in PhD program) is a plus.
- You have experience with CAD design and multi-physics modelling software
- You have relevant experience in microfluidic device product/prototyping design in industry or life science applications.
- You are familiar with micro-fabrication manufacturing methods, microfluidic products and existing device solutions
- You have hands-on experience with laboratory equipment and device testing
- You have strong analytical skills and can perform data processing using analytical or computational tools
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team
- You have excellent project management skills, are capable to lead projects, and deliver on time and within budget
- You are a team player
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a microfluidic-mechanical design engineer with excellent technical skills in the field of micro-fabrication and experience in multi-physics simulations and modelling.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.