Launching a successful imec spin-off focusing on a disruptive chip-scale laser-based gas sensing technology
What you will do
The company: “Khaos” (working name) is developing and commercializing laser-based gas leak monitoring systems with a focus on greenhouse gases. Through its products, services and network of partners, Khaos will enable industrial and public players to monitor and eventually control & minimize the greenhouse gas emission levels of their activities. To make this vision possible, Khaos is developing a disruptive chip-scale laser-based gas sensing technology whose low cost of ownership, low power consumption and compact form factor will allow monitoring of sites and infrastructure previously left unmonitored.
The first market focus will be the Oil & Gas industry, with primary targets in oil and gas upstream operations (extraction and transport).
- As Head of Business Development and Marketing of an early stage deep-tech spinoff, you are responsible to develop the relations of the company with its target customers and with the right players in the ecosystem (installation, operations & support, distribution). You are also expected to drive and develop the image and messaging of the company. Finally, as a member of the management team, you contribute to the development of the company’s overall strategy and go to market approach in close cooperation with the CEO.
- From an operational standpoint, you are expected to lead all business development and marketing activities. You will initially be personally in charge of those duties. As the team company expands and, you are expected to grow, structure and lead the teams in charge of all Sales, Marketing and Business Development of the company.
- Business development duties will include
- Establish and manage a healthy customers pipeline leading to sustainable revenue for the company.
- Development of close relations with key target customers, understanding their decision processes, managing various internal and external stakeholders as needed to progress from first interest to actual purchase.
- Develop a deep understanding of the value chain and key players we need to cooperate with in the ecosystem.
- Develop close relations with selected ecosystem partners (installation companies, resellers, operations companies, service providers, ...).
- Marketing duties will include
- Develop a comprehensive market view: Competitive landscape, customer segmentation, understand key value drivers of our target customer segments.
- Understand customer requirements and preferences, contribute to our product roadmap and technical specs in order to drive competitive advantage and maximize customer value.
- Develop company messaging and marketing material (product briefs, customer presentations, demo definitions).
- Establish and develop company notoriety through direct customer contacts and participation in selected commercial fairs.
What we do for you
- We give you the opportunity to join a promising spin-off currently in an incubation project with a sizeable budget. This is a unique chance to join and shape an early-stage venture spinning out from imec, the world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technology.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution will make us top player in our field. Your energy, flexibility and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive financial package and attractive stock option plan.
Who you are
- You are a tech-savvy and well networked executive experienced in the commercialization of electronics and gas sensing systems & products to the O&G industry You have a solid understanding of gas sensing and analysis technologies, ideally you have a good understanding of laser-based gas sensing principles.
- You are an outstanding communication with superior listening skills. You inspire trust and drive our customers and ecosystem partners to embrace a professional relationship with us. You understand the value of our technology for our customers and can articulate it in crisp and convincing messaging to our customers. You understand our customer’s challenges and preferences and translate them into requirements that will drive our product development roadmap.
- Ideally, you check most of following boxes:
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Development and/or sales in the O&G industry – preferably in the field of gas sensing.
- Academic background: M.Sc in Engineering or equivalent, MBA is a plus.
- Convincing and charismatic communicator with a flawless command of English.
- Experience in product management in a state-of-the-art technical field is a plus.
- Ability to translate customer requirements in sharp product and system requirements (in cooperation with the CTO).
- Frequent travel (40% of your time) – Living or relocating near Leuven, Belgium preferred but not mandatory.
- You can’t wait to join this fantastic spin-off...
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.