Convinced? Send your motivation letter and cv
Do you feel you can contribute to our research with your expertise? Do you share our values and our mission? We are looking forward to reading about your story, your interest for Flanders Make and for this job in particular. To apply, please send your motivation letter and cv to email@example.com
You develop advanced controllers for smart and interconnected systems (machines, robots and vehicles).
Develop advanced model predictive, learning and robust adaptive control algorithms
As an expert in dynamic systems & control, you:
- Question the industry challenges;
- Set up a dynamic model of the plant system and propose a control strategy (system approach);
- Develop and implement the new controller (Matlab, Simulink, C++);
- Validate the results in cooperation with validation engineers;
- Work in a multidisciplinary team (sensing, actuation, validation…).
Experienced engineers will also coach young researchers and lead projects.
Creative flexible work environment
- An energetic, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm and open-minded atmosphere;
- Top colleagues that are expert in their domains opening doors for fruitful collaborations and learning;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at sites Lommel and Leuven (flexible workplace policy). Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work in either site Lommel or in site Leuven.
Stand key in solving high tech challenges
Examples of Flanders Make projects:
Movie SITcontrol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7AB3xM1bn4
Develop pre-competitive technological research and yourself
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. Our mission is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry. That’s why we work together with SMEs and large companies on pre-competitive, industry-driven technological research, resulting in concrete product and production innovation in the vehicle industry, the manufacturing industry, and production environments.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge. We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualization:
1. Sensing, monitoring, control and decision-making for products and production
2. (Co)design and optimization of products and production
3. Motion product specification, architecture, and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture, and validation
We operate from our offices in Leuven and Lommel and from research facilities at the Flemish universities.