You define software architecture for embedded system prototypes in autonomous driving technology research.
Launch autonomous driving that will be tested on highways in Flanders
You will work on a technology break-through project where autonomous driving functions will be tested on highways in Flanders,
As Software System Architect, you :
- Are responsible for the software architecture for embedded system prototypes;
- Work together with a team of mechatronic research engineers, taking up challenges in vehicle localization, path planning, detection of moving obstacles, data exchange with other vehicles,…;
- With the team you set up a strategy to integrate new intelligent software components (algorithms for autonomous and intelligent options developed in modelling languages);
- Take the lead in the decision making about structure and requirements of the components of the software;
- Are involved from the first conceptual moment until the realtime implementation (C++…);
- With your helicopter view you connect all the researchers envolved;
- Have an eye for opportunities of the latest developments in the software and contribute with your ideas to the definition of new research projects.
This movie shows how at Flanders Make technology is being developed for autonomous driving:
Creative industrial innovator with a conceptual mind
You have :
- A master’s degree (preferably in a relevant direction such as Software Engineering, Computer Science,...);
- Several years of experience in software, both in the design of architecture and the hands-on realization in practice;
- Good knowledge of software development languages (C, C++, C#);
- A good overview of the opportunities of new developments in software and technology and their applications.
- Inspired by new technologies and interested to learn more about machine and/or vehicle dynamics, path planning and motion system simulation and algorithms for control, sensing, modelling, decision making;
- An initiator;
- Analytically strong and a concept thinker;
- Result-oriented and hands-on in progress;
- Communicative and a good listener, who is ready to look at more than one solution;
- Team player who can build lasting relationships in a project with many stakeholders;
- Eager to learn and driven to increase your own expertise and that of your team.
Contribute to industrial innovation with ownership
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our sites in Lommel, Leuven and Kortrijk, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. This way, we want to contribute to new products and production processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and factories of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation:
1. Decision & Control
2. Design and optimisation
3. Motion product specification, architecture, and validation
4. Flexible assembly specification, architecture, and validation
- Great responsibility and great ownership;
- A flexible and challenging work environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An open work environment.
Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work on one of our sites (flexible workplace policy).
How to apply :
To apply, go to http://jobs.flandersmake.be.
Please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv