You design new assembly workcells for Industry 4.0 production environments
Industry 4.0 companies collaborate with Flanders Make to develop their smart factory production systems where robots can work safely alongside with humans. The operator is aided by digital instructions and supported using wearable information technology and assistive automation tools.
Research and design future Industry 4.0 workcells with collaborative robots
More concretely you:
- Gather insight in the product and the assembly tasks, and understand the reality of the workplace, f.e. the degree of difficulty of operator-tasks;
- Model the optimal layout of the new assembly workplace, combining operator tasks with robot tasks;
- Optimize the design layout taking into account all aspects, f.e. cost effectiveness, lead time,…
You address the optimization challenge with a practical feel for assembly reality. You can use an existing or internally developed set of model-based design techniques to motivate your design choices.
- Coordinate the prototype realization;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the new work cell (f.e. lead time, operator’s wellbeing);
- Regularly discuss the technological ambitions and results with the company stakeholders, both production chiefs and operators.
Creative technology engineer with a practical feel for production reality
You have :
You are :
Flanders Make offers you the opportunity to develop yourself in the network of top industry and universities and research institutes;
Flanders Make is working on projects in Leuven and in Lommel, with a new base in prospect in West Flanders as well. Depending on your place of residence or preference, you can work on one of our sites (flexible workplace policy) or from a satellite office in West-Vlaanderen.
Take a look at our research and our projects: http://www.flandersmake.be/en/agile-and-human-centered-production-and-robotics-systems
To apply, go to http://jobs.flandersmake.be
Please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv.