The main purpose of this role is to assist the team to identify market opportunities and conduct market research for Generate or Generate’s clients and the second purpose is to help the CEO on ad hoc assignments and improve his Dutch.
Title: Trainee – Business Development
Company: Generate Bvba
Location: Shanghai office or Leuven Office
Report to: CEO
Starting date: July or August 2019
Availability: Full-time for 4-6 months
Generate is a sales and marketing service company that serves European companies across sectors to generate sales and extend market reach in China and vice versa. We provide companies with a low risk, cost effective and practical means to target the new markets, generate new and incremental revenues.
In addition, Generate has its own trading company which specialises in creating and managing distribution networks through independent proven sales performers based on success only.
Established in 2013, Generate is registered in Belgium and Shanghai and has established a managed network of over 100 independent sales associates.
⚫ Sales – Market Research, Sales Navigation, Recruitment, Outsourcing and Management
⚫ Trading – Trade Facilitation, Master Distribution, Commercial Agendas
⚫ Digital Marketing – Brand Strategy, Social Media & Campaigns, Digital Design
Main purposes and initial tasks
The main purpose of this role is to assist the team to identify market opportunities and conduct market research for Generate or Generate’s clients.
The second purpose is to help the CEO on ad hoc assignments and improve his Dutch.
● Conduct market research and investigation via desk search or field trips
● Generate qualified leads and set up appointments via online search, emailing and calling
● Identify other sources of data, analyze and share details of best fit prospects to our clients
● Assist in the rest of the business development process – presentation, proposal, negotiation, deal closing, and project management
● Manage the details in a secure cloud-based CRM
● Ad-hoc tasks assigned by the CEO
● Natural networker and people oriented individual
● Love to communicate and interact with others
● Independent and self-motivated as they are expected to manage their own time and make decisions with their own judgement
● Good analytical skills
● Very good English and Dutch in oral and written form; good Chinese proficiency is a plus
The role is both a conduit to help grow the business and a stepping stone to develop the market research, business development, communication, presentation and analytical skills to become a Business Developer or Management Consultant after graduation for European companies doing business with China or the other way around.
● Mentorship from CEO
● Experience working with notable companies from Europe or China
● Allowance for attending industry events, seminars, or business meetings
● International working environment and flexible working hours and office space
Please visit our website www.generate.net.cn; www.generatebvba.be and send your CV to Laura Bourdakis at email@example.com. Please let us know your expectations, what you can offer us, and your availability in your cover letter.