Launching a successful imec spin-off focusing on a disruptive chip-scale laser-based gas sensing technology
What you will do
The company: “Khaos” (working name) is developing and commercializing laser-based gas leak monitoring systems with a focus on greenhouse gases. Through its products, services and network of partners, Khaos will enable industrial and public players to monitor and eventually control & minimize the greenhouse gas emission levels of their activities. To make this vision possible, Khaos is developing a disruptive chip-scale laser-based gas sensing technology whose low cost of ownership, low power consumption and compact form factor will allow monitoring of sites and infrastructure previously left unmonitored.
The first market focus of Khaos will be the Oil & Gas industry, with primary targets in oil and gas upstream operations (extraction and transport).
- As CEO of an early stage deep-tech spinoff, you are expected to further drive the strategy of the company, develop its business plan, and manage investors’ relations with the support of imec’s incubation and technical teams.
- · From an operational standpoint, you are expected to lead all business development activities and shape and manage the spin-off team.
- Business development duties will encompass the development of relations with first prospects to move them into customers of our technology; you will also establish deep relationships with relevant ecosystem partners.
- From a team management perspective, you will be expected to lead, guide and develop the spin-off team, currently a core R&D team developing the technology at the heart of the company. You will further shape and develop the team in a way that supports the spin-off strategy.
What we do for you
- We give you the opportunity to launch a promising spin-off currently in an incubation project with a sizeable budget. This is a unique chance to join and shape an early-stage venture spinning out from imec, the world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technology.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution will make us top player in our field. Your energy, flexibility and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive financial package and attractive stock option plan.
Who you are
- You are a tech-savvy executive well networked in the O&G industry and with a solid understanding of gas sensing and analysis technologies. Ideally you have a good understanding of laser-based gas sensing principles and experience in the design and commercialization of electronic systems & products to the O&G industry.
- You are a natural leader with strong teamplay skills. You can develop a strategy, transform it in an actionable plan and instil it to your team, investors and stakeholders.
- Ideally, you check most of following boxes:
- 10+ years’ experience in Management/Senior Management roles
- Spin-off experience is a plus
- Academic background: Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent, MBA is a plus
- Experience in Business Development and/or sales in the O&G industry
- Experience in leading teams of 10+ people and bringing ambitious tech projects to success
- Experience in product / program management in a state-of-the-art technical field
- Ability to align technical product and technology development roadmap to the needs of the business in close cooperation with the company CTO
- Convincing and charismatic communicator with a good knowledge of English
- If you don’t live around, you are flexible to relocate to Belgium
- You can’t wait to join this fantastic spin-off...
Apply online at https://www.imec-int.com/en/careers