In response to frequent changes in regulations and risk, imec is looking for a Security Architect to strengthen our team of enterprise architects in planning, analysing and designing security solutions
As an ICT security architect, your responsibilities include:
- The creation and maintainance of IMEC’s security architecture principles
- The creation and maintenance of reference security architectures for different domains (internal applications, application functionality exposed to outside world, IOT, production environments, network components, authentication, data, ...
- Leading security initiatives and ensuring their successful execution together with our project managers team
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy
- Maintain security by ensuring compliance to standards, policies and procedures.
- Identify and communicate current and emerging (cyber-)security threats
- Design security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge
- Create solutions that balance business requirements with information technology and cyber security requirements;
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements
- Driving security architecture requirement workshops, developing solutions, integrating security into solution design
- Train and educate users and developers on security best practices and procedures
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging role in which you think and act on the tactical level and in which you have a concrete impact on large programmes within our company. This is your opportunity to work in an advanced high-tech environment, contributing to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. At imec, we offer ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with 5 years’ experience or more in:
- Security architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and emerging technologies;
- Designing and implementing security solutions. This includes continuous monitoring and making improvements to those solutions;
- The development and design of security best practices and implementation of solid security principles across the organisation, to meet business goals along with customer and regulatory requirements
- Security considerations of cloud computing and specific security controls required to mitigate the risks introduced by using cloud computing;
- Identity and access management (IAM) – the framework of security policies and technologies that limit and track the access of those in an organisation to sensitive technology resources;
- Knowledge of international standards and frameworks with regards to information and cyber security such as the ISO 27000 series and NIST 800 series of standards.
Furthermore, your skills include:
- Excellent communication skills with diverse audiences
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, operations, information security programs and technology projects
- The ability to be an enterprise security subject matter expert who can explain technical topics to those without a technical background