Imec is looking for a Cloud Expert who loves and understands Cloud Infrastructure & Management. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and will maintain knowledge of cutting edge technologies.
What you will do
As a Cloud Expert you are responsible for the further realization of Imec's Cloud initiatives and the provision of technological advice to the IT department and indirectly to the various business units. In this role you will serve as a technical leader and support in the creation and delivery of Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) technology solutions. We see you as a trusted advisor who is able to create and maintain effective relationships with the business stakeholders in order to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Plan and deploy Azure IaaS and PaaS solutions.
- Help IT, and from a broker point of view also the different business units, to migrate to Azure cloud-based infrastructure solutions, including moving critical data, processes, and workflows.
- Assist PMO in the development of detailed project specifications where applicable.
- Advise best practice methods in how to utilize Azure IaaS and PaaS to drive business value.
- Provide expert guidance to internal customers, driving solution architecture, and ensuring solution technology is aligned with business requirements.
- Create and implement a solution map and select the right infrastructure and technology platform. Apply competitive technology knowledge where applicable.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Microsoft Azure and Office 365 . Knowledge of additional (competitive) technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a plus.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience and proven expertise as a Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure expert
- Positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of management as well customers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within internal teams, practices, and project teams
- Excellent presentation skills
Technical knowledge and capabilities:
- Core infrastructure provisioning, virtualization and systems
- Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Network and security
- Information management
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and identity management
- Active Directory sites, trusts, and topology
- DNS and related technologies
- SSL certificates
- PowerShell scripting
- Firewall technologies
- Wide-area connectivity: Internet bandwidth and latency, ExpressRoute
- Platform as a Service
- App Service
- Kubernetes (Optional)
- Service Fabric (Optional)
- Infrastructure Provisioning (Hybrid Cloud & Virtualization)
- 1st/3rd Party Applications (including Microsoft Dynamics)
- Hybrid Storage (including StorSimple, Azure Premium Storage, Software Defined Storage)
- Hybrid Management (DR & Backup)
- Disaster Recovery & Backup (with Azure Site Recovery & Backup)
- Hybrid Management (with System Center + Operations Management)
- Cloud Infrastructure Modernization
- Data Center Modernization (Windows Server)
- VMWare (including Azure Site Recovery)
- Familiar with Microsoft licensing.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.