You set up hardware and software infrastructure for the Industrial Internet of Things.
Flanders Make researchers in 'decision-making, optimisation & artificial intelligence' continuously discover new technological opportunities for smarter production systems and for designing smarter products (machines, vehicles, robots, drones...). Ample opportunities for cloud connectivity and easy access to collected data are becoming increasingly important tools in this technological research.
- You will be responsible for setting up flexible IOT hardware-software infrastructure that is optimally suited for realising and demonstrating Flanders Make's technological research of the future.
- In consultation with researchers, you will decide on the specifications, acquisition and development of the necessary hardware and software services such as machine/internet connections, cloud services, data management, applications, data analyses, data security, etc.
More concretely, you will:
- Look for ways to optimise access to & visualise very large data sets and to ensure a proper data conflict management;
- Take the technical lead within a small project team with expertise in
computer sciences, software development, systems engineering, IT and cloud computing. Together, you will look for the best possible combination of edge and cloud solutions for Industrial Internet of Things applications and the corresponding hardware & software infrastructure.
- Ensure that the target infrastructure of every project is both innovative and flexible and can be optimally used for today’s known and tomorrow’s unknown challenges;
- Define a collective ambition with all stakeholders; these are the user groups in question (researchers in machine design & optimisation, data acquisition, status monitoring, sensor fusion, artificial intelligence, etc.) and, as the case may be, project partners (research laboratories of partner universities);
- In a professional way, set up small to large tender procedures and negotiate with suppliers;
- Implement solutions on multiple Flanders Make sites;
- Contribute to other Flanders Make projects involving Industrial Internet of Things applications. You will, for instance, set up HW/SW infrastructure so that a multi-disciplinary team of researchers from different disciplines can work together efficiently on one machine design.
- A diploma in a relevant technical domain (computer sciences...);
- A strong link with one of the research domains of Flanders Make or with the Industrial Internet of Things, cloud computing...;
- At least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience, for instance as software architect, functional analyst/architect;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Project management skills;
- A practical, result-driven approach;
- An open communication style with a touch of humour;
- Passion for new developments in the market of the (Industrial) Internet of Things.
About Flanders Make
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. From our establishments in Lommel, Leuven, Sint-Truiden and Kortrijk, we stimulate open innovation through excellent research.
Our purpose: realising a top-level research network in Flanders that delivers full support to the innovation projects of manufacturing companies. In this way, we want to contribute to new products and processes that help to realise the vehicles, machines and plants of the future.
Because of our unique position between industry and research, our teams combine application and system proficiency with technological and scientific knowledge.
We focus on 4 key competences, all based on modelling and virtualisation:
1. Decision & control
2. Design and optimisation
3. Motion product specification, architecture & validation
4. Specification, architecture & validation of flexible assembly processes
How to apply?
To apply for this job opportunity, please go to http://jobs.flandersmake.be.
Complete the online application form and download your motivation letter and CV.