138 PhD positions at imec
Finished or about to finish your master studies? Looking for a first step in your research career? Curious to experience what it's like to work in a renowned research center that bridges academia and industry?
Joining imec as a PhD student is exactly what you need to start your exciting research journey.
SectorElectronics & Engineering
What you will do
As a doctoral researcher at imec, you get the opportunity to do fundamental, advanced research on technologies that are far ahead of the needs of the industry. Our PhD programs have been developed in collaboration with 5 Flemish universities to match our research domains:
- 6G and Wireless Internet of Things communication
- CMOS and beyond CMOS
- 3D system integration
- Advanced nano-interconnects
- Advanced patterning and key process steps
- High-speed analog/RF
- Neuromorphic computing
- Next-generation logic devices
- Novel memory concepts
- Quantum computing
- Data science and data security
- GaN power electronics
- Image sensors and vision systems
- Life sciences
- Low cost and low power radar sensing systems
- Power to Molecules
- Sensor solutions for Internet of Things
- Silicon photonics
- Solid state batteries
- System and IC design
- Thin-film flexible electronics
What we do for you
At imec, more than 700 PhD students from over 40 different countries are working on the future of a better world. This is possible thanks to imec partnerships with universities all around the world.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in the vibrant and international city of Leuven in Belgium. Here is why a PhD at imec is a unique opportunity:
- Work in an inspiring, multidisciplinary & international environment
- Enhance competitiveness with our in-depth technology knowledge
- Develop your skills through specialized technical training
- Get in touch with imec’s global international partner companies
- Gain access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Use our large international network of expertise
Imec itself is not giving PhD degrees but acts as a host research institute for PhD and postdoc research in collaboration with 5 Flemish universities: KU Leuven, UGent, VUBrussel, UAntwerpen, UHasselt. Imec has also signed dual degree PhD agreements with Flemish and international universities. Both engineers and scientists can apply because of the multidisciplinary character of our research. PhDs get supported by professors of both national and international universities, all of them experts in their domains.
Who you are
- You have obtained or are about to obtain a Master’s degree (equivalent to 120 credits in the ECTS credit system) in a related field.
- Applicants with a Belgian Master’s degree should have obtained at least a distinction. For other applicants check the table in the admission requirements.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your creativity, persistence and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team.
Application deadline: December 15, 2022.
How can we help?
The Leuven MindGate team is at your disposal for any questions about the Leuven Innovation Region. Do you want to invest, work or study in the region? We can help you find your way.
We also facilitate collaboration and innovation between companies, knowledge institutes and government within the Leuven Innovation Region, and we are happy to guide any of these stakeholders towards innovation.