The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for the preclinical development of new molecules directed against remyelination targets.
Rewind Therapeutics is a privately held biotech company based in Leuven, Belgium that completed a €15 million Series A financing and is focused on developing small molecule therapeutics to promote remyelination and repair after brain injury. More information can be found on www.rewindtherapeutics.com.
We are looking for an experienced neuropharmacologist to lead the biology of our drug discovery and development efforts in the company offices in Leuven. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy for the preclinical development of new molecules directed against remyelination targets. This will include planning HTS screening campaigns, developing novel target-based assays in model cell systems, creating an oligodendrocyte-based platform for compound evaluation, and building a suite of in vivo assays to support the evaluation of compounds in models of neurological disease. This position reports to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have 12+ years of hands-on biotech experience in small molecule drug discovery with a track record of bringing new molecules into IND enabling studies and clinical development, with an advanced degree in pharmacology, neuroscience or a related discipline;
• Be an expert in oligodendrocyte biology;
• Have demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing in vitro assays to support the identification and characterization of new chemical entities (NCEs);
• Develop a lean and efficient strategy for testing NCEs from screening assays through in vivo efficacy assessment in models of neurological disease;
• Be able to work in a team and integrate key elements of discovery pharmacology into a coherent translational strategy that includes target engagement and efficacy biomarkers relevant to neurological disease;
• Establish effective relationships with key external medicinal chemistry partners, and build partnerships across R&D disciplines including medicinal chemistry, DMPK and non-clinical development to ensure the rapid progression of discovery programs.
The candidate for this position will be a highly motivated individual who can communicate effectively both within and beyond their discipline, who can work effectively in a team in a small, entrepreneurial environment, and who will be flexible and responsive to changing demands of the position consistent with the rapid growth of an emerging company.
Rewind Therapeutics encourages and supports a diverse work environment as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rewind Therapeutics offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive salary package.
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae, along with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org