The CRO Study Director and Business Development Director will co-lead the CRO in partnership, with the first in the lead of the internal operations and the second in the lead on attracting clients.
The Business Development Director drives all aspects of Strategy, Business Development and initial client contacts:
- Defining and implementing the CRO strategy: o Which services and animal models to offer?
- The assessment of the commercial potential of the different services
- Which clients: type of client and region?
- What commercial offering, e.g., price?
- Leading Business Development
- Identifying and prospecting clients for reMYND’s services
- Creating and communicating key benefits of reMYND’s technology and services by preparing presentation and marketing materials for professional meetings, business seminars and business conferences
- Networking with potential client through attending conferences and face-to-face meetings
- Being the first -line of contact at the initial stages of client contacts, and rapidly involving the
- Making quotes based on the study synopsis
- Provides commercial input to manage the portfolio of services, allowing reMYND to make data-based portfolio decisions
- The identification of opportunities to expand future services where appropriate
- Study Director when the discussion is becoming scientific to define a study synopsis
- Collaborating with Finance/Legal on forecasting and financial modeling.
- Reports together with the Study Director to the CEO
- Actively works together with the Finance/Legal and explores new offerings with the DDD
Specific expertise and qualification:
- Life science degree (MSc. PhD or equivalent), Business degree preferred
- Good understanding of the Strategy development and BD process from prospecting to closing; sound understanding of the different phases of drug development and associated risks
- Ability to operate independently and proactively through the BD process
- Strong business acumen and result oriented
- Strong networking capabilities, communication skills
- Sound financial and analytical skills
- Broad scientific understanding and helicopter view is an important plus
- The ideal candidate has a several years experience in international BD with proven track record of identifying and prospecting potential clients, ideally from the biotech industry point of view
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work on time-sensitive deliverables which may require significant time commitments
Qualified candidates for this important position will need to demonstrate the following critical competencies:
- Strategic Orientation as demonstrated by an awareness of the “big picture” facing the biotechnology industry in a broad range of issues. Able to spot previously unidentified opportunities and to distinguish between primary and secondary issues.
- Results Orientation as illustrated by an ability to instil a sense of pace and urgency into their organisation; being a self-starter and self-motivated individual who moves fast and decisively in all circumstances; an ability to track performance against measurable metrics; the ambition to constantly propose new development opportunities in support of reMYND’s performance.
- Team player as indicated by a track record of working together in performance-focused teams, collectively accountable for meeting agreed objectives; focus on results; standing up for her/his opinions based on solid facts, even if they go against commonly accepted wisdom.
- Collaboration & Influence as evidenced by a track-record of building and maintaining effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; an ability to manage internal relationships and to work effectively across functions and geographies, building consensus even in tense situations.
- Communication & Presentation Skills as demonstrated by an ability to create compelling verbal and written communications that are effective with a wide range of different audiences. Comfortable interacting with senior level interlocutors.