Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, two reference letters and a motivation letter. For more information please contact Prof. dr. Stein Aerts, mail: email@example.com.You can apply for this job no later than November 08, 2021 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
The Laboratory of Computational Biology (www.aertslab.org) is part of the VIB Center for Brain and Disease Research and the KU Leuven Department of Human Genetics, and is seeking to hire an expert in artificial intelligence.
The candidate will develop new deep learning solutions, including convolutional neural networks, variational autoencoders, and generative adversarial networks, to build predictive models, particularly focused on cell type diversity in the brain and in cancer. These models will be used to gain mechanistic insight into normal and disease-related biological processes, hence the explainability of these models (XAI) is crucial. Depending on the interest, the candidate can be involved in projects related to evolution, regenerative medicine, and gene therapy. Finally, the position will allow to explore future interactions between neuroscience research and research in artificial neural networks.
• You obtained a Master or PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or equivalent.
• Proficient in Python programming
• Experience with machine learning (e.g., Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch)
• Experience with explainable AI (e.g., SHAP) is a plus
• Experience with high performance computing, software containers
• Experience with genomics is a plus, but not absolutely essential
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Access to state-of-the-art compute & GPU infrastructure
• A stimulating international research environment in Leuven (Belgium), in the heart of Europe
• Competitive salary and benefits
• 3-year funding available
• Starting date: as soon as possible