Contribute to next-generation neural interfaces and biomedical devices
What you will do
At imec, we craft state-of-the-art neurotechnology products that aim to advance neuroscience research. Our systems-on-a-chip require advanced analog circuits for ultra-low-noise amplification, analog-to-digital conversion, power management, among others. Do you enjoy working on challenges that no one has solved yet? We have an opportunity for a passionate, forward-thinking and experienced analog Analog IC Designer. As a member of our neurotech team, you will have the great opportunity to investigate, innovate and contribute to next-generation neural interfaces and biomedical devices.
As analog IC designer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Actively participate in defining concepts and architectures for next generation ICs for biomedical applications
- Collaborate in an inter-disciplinary team. Understand (internal or external) customer requirements and challenges, and translate them into specifications and solutions to be incorporated in the designs
- Design high-quality blocks and document designs towards formal design reviews
- Work on top-level simulations to validate top-level integration
- Guide and follow-up layout engineers who implement layout views of your designs
- Validate your own designs experimentally in a lab environment
- Work with multi-functional teams across imec to support post-CMOS fabrication and lab evaluation phase
- PhD on analog and mixed-signal circuit design with silicon-proven designs (or equivalent through relevant experience)
- Strong knowledge in device physics applicable to analog IC design
- Solid understanding of power, area, and performance trade-off in mixed-signal designs
- Strong knowledge of general analog design circuits and, more specifically, of ultra-low-power and ultra-low-noise analog design
- Good knowledge of power management circuits such as switching converter (buck and boost) or linear regulators would be a plus
- A proven publication track record in top conferences (e.g. ISSCC, VLSI) and/or journals is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of analog design and verification flows and tools: Cadence Virtuoso including ADE (G)XL, layout, and design verification
- Proven experience working in bench evaluation of own building blocks
- Research mindset and problem-solving attitude, with a strong desire to stay up to date with recent advancements in the state-of-the-art and a broad interest across disciplines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to collaborate
- Ability to work well in an international team, take responsibility, and motivate self and others
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.