You will be a member of the Thin Film Process Engineering (TFE) team. The team is responsible for the development of many diverse types of processes that will be used by both internal and external customers in their Research and Development projects, on the deposition and anneal tools in both the 200mm and 300mm cleanrooms. In addition, the team is also responsible for the control and improvement of existing processes that are used by the same customers.
You will manage a cluster of CVD tools and assume responsibility for all aspects of process development and process quality within the cluster, along with the support of the other cluster members.
As Senior Process Engineer you have a significant number of responsibilities and will therefore be highly influential in helping the team to achieve their many goals and targets.
As a Senior Process Engineer:
- Your mission will be to define and coordinate the development of CVD deposition processes within your tool cluster.
- You will also be responsible for the monitoring, control and improvement of existing CVD processes within your tool cluster.
- You will organise and manage the workload of the tool cluster among yourself and the other cluster members to ensure all KPIs are met.
- You will report the performance of your tool cluster on a monthly basis to the TFE team leader.
- You plan and execute development activities, delivering on-time high quality results to our customers that meets or exceeds their requirements.
- To achieve this, you will be expected to take a significant hands-on role within the clean room.
- You report progress, results and opportunities to various organisational levels both internally as well as to customers and partners.
- You make sure the right quality processes are put in place to safeguard tool and process stability.
- In the event of major processing or tool problems you assess potential root causes and effectively follow up on the analysis in order to come to a structural solution in a timely manner.
- You keep your level of scientific know-how up to date.
- You will represent imec in contacts with third parties and representatives for semiconductor players from around the globe for matters that relate to your field of competence.
- You have a Master degree or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Industrial or Materials Science, combined with relevant industrial experience in a semiconductor environment.
- You have a strong working knowledge and experience of various process control and improvement techniques (e.g., SPC, Cp/CpK, FMEA, 8D, etc.).
- You have a strong working knowledge and experience of different types of Thin Film deposition techniques (e.g., PECVD, ALD, CVD, PVD, LPCVD, etc.), with an emphasis on CVD.
- You have a strong understanding of the other semiconductor manufacturing areas (e.g., Lithography, Etch, CMP, etc.) and in particular how they interact with the deposition processes.
- You are highly self-driven and will initiate and assume ownership of problem solving and process improvement activities.
- You are innovative and creative in finding solutions to problems.
- You are comfortable working in a team environment, but at the same time you can also work autonomously with minimal supervision when required.
- You will act as a guide, mentor and role-model to Process Engineers.
- You are passionate about application development, data interpretation and are keen on high quality results.
- You have experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences and seminars).
- You are organized and have a logical and methodical working style.
- You are eager to work in a highly competitive field and a multicultural environment.
- To allow you to function in this multicultural environment you are fluent in both written and spoken English.