For more information please contact Prof. dr. ir. Bart Nicolai, department chair Biosystems, tel.: +32 16 32 23 75, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add to your application following documents (more information is available on the KU Leuven job site):
- your biosketch in which you indicate your added value as an academic for research, education and service to society of your past career and of your future activities (maximum 2 pages);
- a file on your five most important publications or realizations;
- an extensive cv including a full publication list;
- a research plan with focus on the development of your research line and research team in relation with the colleague-researchers of the Department of Biosystems (maximum 5 pages);
- your vision on academic education and its organization (maximum 2 pages);
- your contribution to society by outreach and public communication on science and technology, internal representation in boards and councils and service activities directly in relation to your developed expertise (maximum 1 page);
- your vision on leadership (maximum 1 page).
KU Leuven places great importance on research integrity and ethical conduct and will therefore ask you to sign an integrity statement upon appointment.
You can apply for this job no later than September 30, 2020 via the online application tool
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions relating to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.
The Science, Engineering and Technology Group and the Faculty of Bioscience Engineering of KU Leuven welcome applications for a full-time academic position at the Animal and Human Health Engineering Division in the Department of Biosystems. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual with an excellent research record in the domain of host-centered microbiome engineering for animal health. The candidate is considered a leading authority in this field.
We are offering a full-time employment (100%) in an intellectually challenging environment with attention for a healthy work-life balance. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied scientific research. It is highly inter- and multi-disciplinarily focused and strives for international excellence. In this regard, it actively works together with research partners in Belgium and abroad. It provides its students with an academic education that is based on high-quality scientific research.
You will work in Leuven, a historic, dynamic and lively city located in the heart of Belgium, within 20 minutes from Brussels, the capital of the European Union, and less than two hours from Paris, London and Amsterdam.
KU Leuven is well set to welcome foreign professors and their family and provides practical support with regard to immigration & administration, housing, childcare, learning Dutch, partner career coaching, …
To facilitate the start up of the research a PhD fellowship for four years, laboratory infrastructure and start up financing will be provided. You will also have access to the experimental farm (‘TRANSfarm’) of the Science, Engineering and Technology Group, KU Leuven, that focuses on transformation and transition in farming toward a sustainable future.
Depending on your record and qualifications, you will be appointed to or tenured in one of the grades of the senior academic staff: assistant professor, associate professor, professor or full professor. In principle, junior researchers are appointed as assistant professor on the tenure track for a period of five years. After this period and a positive evaluation, they are permanently appointed (or tenured) as an associate professor.