The Capricorn digital technologies team is looking to expand its investment team in Leuven (Belgium) with a driven (senior) associate.
You will help to build a successful portfolio of companies recognized for their excellent team, scalable technology, breakthrough potential, international ambitions and intrinsic capacity for superior financial return.
Areas of investment include: data-driven companies (Big Data, AI, deep & machine learning), IoT, Industry 4.0, robotics, sensors, digital healthcare & connected medtech.
Existing and former portfolio companies, can be found here.
- Contribute to deal flow activities with a focus on scouting, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities. Attend industry events and meet with entrepreneurs. Maintain and improve databases.
- Assist the investment managers with due diligence and the further support of portfolio companies.
- Research interesting technology spaces and markets to identify new trends and innovations to set up investment theses.
- Represent Capricorn Venture Partners within the broad technology/entrepreneurial/VC ecosystem.
- Be flexible in helping out where needed and get involved in all aspects of the VC business.
Core qualifications and requirements
- Preferred degrees are Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Bioengineering, Physics, Healthcare, Medical Sciences or a related field. PhD or MBA is a plus but not a requirement. 4-7 years of professional experience within our target investment areas, originating from e.g. a corporate environment, a start-up or a management consultant (having done projects for relevant clients).
- Fluency in English is a must; fluency in an additional European language is a plus.
• Enthusiastic and curious about innovative technologies and entrepreneurship, positive attitude. An entrepreneurial experience in your career is a plus.
- Self-starter, needing only limited guidance and taking ownership quickly. Motivated to work hands-on in a small team.
- Flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the venture capital business where required.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good balance between analytical and synthetic capabilities, having an eye for detail but can keep an helicopter view;
- Good communicator, both oral as well as written. Be comfortable with interfacing regularly with key stakeholders (both internally and externally). Ability to produce well designed professional presentations.
What we can offer
- A competitive base salary with a profit sharing and long-term incentive scheme.
- An exciting working environment in the middle of Europe with passionate investors and entrepreneurs.
- Working in a small, dynamic team and being involved in all areas of the venture capital business.
- A diverse and inclusive work environment.
- A prospective career path to investment manager.
For further information, please contact: Katrin Geyskens, Partner
T +32 16 28 41 00, email@example.com